Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Ode: To my bed......

Dear my bed,

Oh, how I miss you! 


Only the smell of freshly laundered smell lingers near me when I go to sleep. Always I have loved you as a forever good friend. The smile you give me makes every stress inside y head fly away. Orange, yellow, white, and green those of the colors comfort me even just by looking at them. I am happy when I run into your never closed arms. 


All the days I have told you my problems. You comforted with your soft speaking words. I cannot tell you to be my friend. You are way more than a bed. As I sob, you listen to me, as I laugh you laugh with me. 











                                     


You are everything. 
Like a mom comforting a child, a brother playing with his sister, a friend talking to me. You are all of the above. You are the last thing I see before going to sleep and the first thing I see when I wake up.


Oh, how I miss you my bed. I have endless love for you. I never will dislike you. You are a sweet charming existence for me. To last forever........




                                                                                       Love,
                                                                                       Hyoseo Kim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    What a great job you have done on this ode. you made use of metaphors and personifications throughout the ode. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Nice work on your ode to your bed. It seems that your bed means a great deal to you. Anyways, it was great to read your well-written ode to your bed. Keep up the good work~

    -Yongwook, Oh (Writing TA)

    ReplyDelete